While traveling in a group, you become like extended family. Maori term it "WHANAU".
While you are with us, we regard you as whanau.
Although our tours are normally small (max 10 persons), there are times when we may host larger groups. However, to try to retain a personal level, we do limit these to around 24-26 persons. To transport this number, we hire-in a luxury coach (still with pick-up from your Cruise Boat and/or Hotel).
Depending on the itinerary, Lunch can be included at a winery, or a local upmarket cafe, (all with wine/beer included).
We make your tour carbon-friendly
Be sure to travel with the only tour that plants a tree in their farm's own sink-tank reserves!
To cement your time together, your group does a Native tree planting to offset the day's tour emissions...everyone will become joint-custodians of this "tree-of-the-day" which is planted in our farm's own Sink-Tank Forest Reserves...
Certificates issued, and we can
send you the GPS
"Your" tree will remain on the very property where you visited. It will not only enhance the region, but provide foods for native birds.
Been reading the statements made by other Auckland tours...?
Here's how WE validate ours...
- You get lots of experiences in your limited time because our tours do not involve a lot of traveling.
- You get personally hosted because we are the owner/operators and we don't pass you onto a 3rd party.
- You get an authentic tour because we are New Zealand-born and Maori (husband & wife team).
- You get a specialised Shore Excursion company because we have had 14 years' experience.
- You get a legally-operated tour because we hold all licenses (as well as being Food Handling Certified).
- You get a flexible tour because we fit in with your Cruise Boat schedule (and we pick-up directly from your ship).
- You get a senior-friendly itinerary because there is no hiking or swimming on our tours (or waiting while others do).
- You get a sustainable tour because we plant trees in our farm's own registered carbon reserves (one for every tour done).
- You get a local's view of the Muriwai region because we are the company that has been -living- here...(since 1922).
- You get the security of being close to your boat because at no time are you anymore than 40mins from Auckland.
- You get value-for-money because everything is included in the price as well as a wine/beer with your upmarket lunch! (....and NO, you do not eat your lunch sitting in your bus seat !! nor have your afternoon tea parked on the side of the road !! )
"We can appreciate you may need to have a think about things... but to avoid disappointment, don't leave booking us too late"